We in the UK are leaving the EU single market and customs union at the end of the transfer window on the 1st January 2021.
Brexit will have far reaching implications for all UK businesses who trade with organisations outside of the UK whether they are within the EU or outside the EU.
Update 14th Dec 2020: Sage have made a Brexit Hub available.
How will the changes affect you?
Due to the lack of specific information from the Government at the time of publishing. We are unable to give specific advice. As soon as we know more, we will update Clients, via our Website and social media.
We will endeavour to ensure that Sage 200 changes and modifications will be executed quickly, when specific instructions are communicated. If you are aware of changes specific to your business that need to be made now, please contact us and we will provide a timescale to complete them.
Please review the Government Transition site to identify the areas that will affect your specific business.
Action we can take now.
Reviewing Sage 200 changes, that may change after Brexit, there are a number of things that may require modification: Example
- The commodity code and country of origin fields may need to be populated in the stock module.
- EORI number (Economic Operators Registration and Identification number) will in theory will have to be incorporated into all customer and supplier records.
- ( NOTE ) Sage 200 versions beginning 2019 Spring have an analysis code import as standard. Earlier versions do not.
- Document Layouts will need to be amended to reflect any changes made.
- Clients who trade with Ireland will require specific changes to exports documents..
What happens on January 1st?
Potentially the following:
- Customer and Supplier default VAT codes may need to be updated
- On open Sales Orders, the VAT code will need to be amended for any lines that have yet to be fully despatched
- On open Purchase Orders, the VAT code will need to be amended for any lines that have yet to be fully received
Due to the nature of our broad client base, we are preparing for several scenarios that may and will affect our clients.
We are also considering those clients that have specific bespoke systems, that will require potential modifications, we will endeavour to complete this work efficiently,
Please be aware that this requires scheduling with our teams.
We look forward to a smooth transaction for all our clients affected.